REPORTS TO: Finance Director
Peers Engaging and Envisioning in Recovery Services (PEERS) is a nonprofit organization that was developed to serve clients, communities and systems of care committed to the wellness and recovery vision. This vision recognizes that recovery and system change is better achieved by collaborating and partnership between consumers, providers, family members, and the community at large. PEERS’ mission is to offer new solutions for wellness and lead by example that mental health recovery is possible.
The Bookkeeper will be responsible for leading the day-to-day fiscal operations including maintenance and analysis of accounting records, prepares journal entries and reconciles ledger accounts; understands compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and organization’s policies, procedures and contracts. The candidate will also performvarious clerical payroll tasks such as processing semi-monthly payrolls, entering payroll data into QB, verifying accuracy of figures and computations, and balancing and reconciling accounts
- Oversee accounts ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with appropriate standards and regulatory requirements
- Consultants contracts tracking, and Purchase Order assignment
- Support with audit preparation and maintains finance department files
SPECIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, AND COMPETENCY FACTORS
Successful candidate is a mature leader with four to five years bookkeeping experience, three years of QuickBooks experience, great attention to detail, strong written communications skills, and proficiency in Excel is required. Candidate can effectively communicate and relate well with others in difficult situations and have the ability to resolve issues in a timely manner; must have ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and unwavering commitment to PEERS’ mission
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred
- Experience as a mental health consumer or a family member is strongly preferred
- Proficiency in Google Docs, Gmail and Adobe Acrobat is preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS AND JOB SETTING
- Program headquarters is a standard office setting on the second floor of a multi-story building, requiring use of an elevator for access.
- Innovative, mental health consumer driven organization with strong ties to the community.
- Business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, with some weekends and evenings.
Compensation: This is a full time position with competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision, 401(k), and vacation. Annual compensation range is $52,000-$56,160 a year.
To Apply: Please complete ALL application steps to be considered for this position. This position will remain open until filled.
- Submit a resume, cover letter, and supplemental questionnaire by e-mail to Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Bookkeeper as the subject line in the email.
- Supplemental questionnaire:
- Briefly describe the skills and tools you use to ensure that your tasks, reports are completed precisely with complete attention to detail.
- Which accounting and payroll software are you most familiar with?
- Do you identify as having lived mental health experience or do you have a family member with lived experience?
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.