Reports to: Executive Director
- Oversee strategic infrastructure implementation from development through successful execution
- Improve current processes and coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
- Ensure team communication by managing Google Suite, access to laptops, Microsoft Suite, XOBEE systems and facilitation of staff meetings
- Assist and communicate with ED and Organizational Planning Team (OPT) in decision making, program management, and initiative implementation.
- Ensure the smooth operation of working spaces in the office and support staff to have ergonomic working spaces off-site
Office Maintenance and Daily Operations
- Develop and implement infrastructure for cloud-based storage of PEERS data, with manuals and resources for data access and filing.
- Coordinate physical and digital office maintenance tasks.
- Work with IT vendors to create and maintain IT systems
- Build, monitor, and maintain quality assurance for systems to support program needs and staff professional development
- Serve as the primary contact for checking out laptops, projector, use of the Smart Screen, and other equipment.
- Maintain inventory of supplies and ensure efficient operation of office equipment by scheduling repair and service calls.
- Maintain and update the phone system.
Cross-Departmental Relations and Project Management
- Facilitate communication among staff, ED and OPT, and other key stakeholders
- Handle inquiries and develop action plans to address them
- Assist with the preparation and dissemination of communications
- Coordinate activities, set agendas, and summarize action items for OPT
- Assist with meeting scheduling and meeting support for the OPT as needed
- Support HR with new hires, including documentation and onboarding
- Provide project planning, management, and support for departmental projects and initiatives
- Provides administrative support to the ED as needed
- Support Board meetings by coordinating meeting time/place with Board Members, set up meeting space, order food, transcribe board minutes, and offer general support for recruitment of new board members
- Work with the Executive Director on fund development activities such as grant writing support, funder/donor communications, and fundraising activities
SPECIFICATIONS, QUALIFICATIONS, and COMPETENCY FACTORS
- Experience as a mental health consumer and/or family member is at the core of our mission and vision. We are seeking someone who understands that we are a peer-run and operated organization that honors lived experience as an expertise in the field of mental health.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and professional boundaries regarding sensitive areas of operations.
- At least two years of administrative experience is highly desired.
- Organized and detail-oriented with exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Skilled at managing multiple tasks, and handling a high volume of tasks with quick turnarounds.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently and proactively to meet deadlines and expectations; ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse communities.
- Computer literacy with strong competency in MS Office Programs (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Suite (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Sheets, Docs, Slides, etc.).
- Knowledge of WordPress is a plus.
- Group facilitation experience is a plus.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND JOB SETTING
- Program headquarters is a standard office setting on the second floor of a multi-story building, requiring the use of an elevator for access.
- Innovative, mental health consumer-driven organization with strong ties to the community.
- An environment with diverse populations routinely coming in for workshops or training.
- Business hours are Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, with some weekends and evenings.
- Full-time, Non-Exempt employee with benefits
- Annual Compensation Range: $50,000 –$55,000
- Submit a resume, cover letter, and supplemental questions via the Bamboo HRIS portal
- Supplemental Questions
- Do you identify as having lived mental health experience or do you have a family member with lived experience?
- Briefly describe your administrative experience, writing skills, and organization skills.
- Why do you want to work at PEERS?
- Briefly describe your approach to managing multiple priorities and organizing your daily workflow.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performance by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Perform other duties as assigned.
PEERS is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as central to our work serving underrepresented communities, and we encourage candidates from a wide range of backgrounds to apply. People of color, women, transgender people, LGBQI people, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply