Created in 2011, the PEERS Transitional Age Youth (TAY) Program is a wellness hub where young adults (ages 16-24) can gain life and work skills and learn leadership skills to enhance their transition into adulthood.
We provide bi-monthly TAY Leadership Club (TLC) groups for TAY along with empowering and educational workshops called Wellness Webinars at TAY-serving organizations, schools, and programs.
TLC and Wellness Webinar topics are centered on the Five Pillars of Care developed by Alameda County Behavioral Health (ACBH) Child and Young Adult System of Care. The Five Pillars of Care are:
- Mental & Physical Wellness – We educate TAY on whole health (8 Dimensions of Wellness) and mental wellness (WRAP, EEC, Recovery Topics, etc.) through workshops and connection to resources.
- Housing – We provide housing education and connection to resources that support obtaining stable housing.
- Education & Vocation – We identify educational, vocational and entrepreneurial goals and provide support to navigate the educational system with an emphasis on connection to resources that support success.
- Career & Financial Wellness – We provide tools for career exploration (including self-assessments on personality, strengths, interests) that support obtaining future employment (work readiness, interviewing skills, job search, etc.).
- Community Connections – We help TAY navigate the TAY SOC by identifying support systems and linking to resources and communities of support.
What we offer:
Are you interested in PEERS coming to your organization to host a Wellness Webinar? Contact Nia Thompson at email@example.com.
TAY Leadership Club Support Group
Our TAY Leadership Club (TLC) is a virtual bi-monthly peer support group facilitated by TAY. TLC members meet new people, learn new skills and wellness tools, and receive a stipend for participation and training completion.
Meetings are held on the first and third Wednesdays from 4:30 pm – 6 pm. All of our meetings are online through Go To Meeting and Go To Webinar. Are you a TAY interested in joining our TAY Leadership Club? Contact Nia Thompson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Twice monthly TLC Support Group meetings:
1st and 3rd Wednesdays
4:30 pm – 6 pm