PEERS recommends these resources for Alameda County residents.
- Alameda County Crisis Support Services
- Hotline: 1-800-309-2131
- Website: www.crisissupport.org
- National Suicide Prevention Lifelife
- Hotline: 1-800-273-8255
- Website: www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Alameda County Adult and Elders Protective Services
- Website: www.alamedasocialservices.org
- Wellness Planning
- “Psychosis” or “Message Receiving”
- Grupos de Apoyo en Español
- Bipolar or Depression
- Tobacco and Smoking
- Drug and Alcohol
- East Bay Community Recovery Project: call or visit www.ebcrp.org
- StartYourRecovery.org connects you with SAMHSA-approved organizations in your zip code.
- Addiction Center helps you find rehab centers in your state.
- Alcohol Rehab Guide centers for alcohol addiction.
- American Society of Anesthesiologist Opioid Abuse
- Sunshine Behavioral Health Regional Rehab and Recovery Centers.
Teen and Adolescent
- TAY Leadership Program @ PEERS Oakland: call or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- California Youth Connection: call 1-800-397-8236 or email email@example.com
- Alameda County Crisis and Support Services: Text “SAFE” to 20121 4pm-11pm
- Oakland Public Library: Teen mental health resources page.
- Parent’s Guide: How to Help Your Teen Cope With Mental Health Experiences. Palmer Lake Recovery.
- African American Family Support Group: 4th Tues, 5:30-7:30pm; 954 60th St., Suite 10, Oakland. Call
- Berkeley Families Support Group: 1st & 3rd Tues, 6:30-8:30pm; 1901 Hearst Ave., Berkeley. Call
- Chinese-Language Family Support Groups: 1 Sat/month, 10 am-12pm; 523-8th St. Oakland. Call
- Family/Caregiver Group: 1st & 3rd Thurs, 5:30-6:30pm; John George, San Leandro. Call
- Caregivers of Older Adults with Mental Illness: 4th Thurs, 1-2:30pm; North Oakland Senior Center. Call
- Group for Families of Children & Teens: 4rd Tues, 7 pm; Albany Methodist Church. Call (510) 524-1250
- Family Education and Resource Center of Alameda County
- National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) of Alameda County. Call
General MH Information
- Centers for Medicaid and Medicaid Services Roadmap to Behavioral Health
- Alameda County Behavioral Health Care Services
- Alameda County Public Health Department
- Alameda County Everyone Counts Campaign